Holy Week 2016 Schedule
Palm Sunday marks the beginning of the most solemn week of the Church’s liturgical year. For nearly 40 days, we have surrendered ourselves to prayer and to the reading of Scripture, to fasting and to giving alms. Now, we are invited to an even deeper spirit of prayer as we follow Christ on his journey to the cross.
Here is the schedule of Masses for the coming week:
- Palm Sunday (March 19 & 20): Saturday 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. & 6 p.m.
- Daily Mass: Monday (March 21) at Noon and Tuesday (March 22) at 8 p.m. in the Chapel
- Holy Thursday (March 24): Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:30 p.m. and Eucharistic Adoration until Midnight
- Good Friday (March 25): The Passion of the Lord at noon and Seven Last Words at 7:30 p.m.
- Holy Saturday (March 26): Easter Vigil at 8:30 p.m.
- Easter Sunday (March 27): Mass at 11 a.m.
Masses at the Cathedral
- Tuesday, March 22, Chrism Mass at 11 a.m., Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral
- Wednesday, March 23, Tenebrae at 7:30 p.m., Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral
There will be Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament following the Holy Thursday Mass until midnight and Good Friday morning from 9-11:30 a.m. in the Daily Chapel. We invite you to please sign up for a half hour of prayer. The sign-up sheet is on the table in the Gathering Space.
On Tuesday, March 22, The Light is On Sacrament of Penance in the Reconcilliation Room/ Daily Chapel, 6 to 8 p.m. Take advantage of this opportunity of grace to return to the Lord and know His ever present love and forgiveness.
On Good Friday, March 25, Self Guided Stations of the Cross in the church, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Here are some resources for Lent from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: