Holy Week 2017 Schedule
Palm Sunday marks the beginning of the most solemn week of the Church’s liturgical year. For nearly 40 days, we have surrendered ourselves to prayer and to the reading of Scripture, to fasting and to giving alms. Now, we are invited to an even deeper spirit of prayer as we follow Christ on his journey to the cross.
Here is the schedule of Masses for the coming week:
- Palm Sunday (April 8 & 9): Saturday 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. & 6 p.m.
- Daily Mass: Monday (April 10) at Noon and Tuesday (April 11) at 8 p.m. in the Chapel
- Holy Thursday (April 13): Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:30 p.m. and Eucharistic Adoration until Midnight
- Good Friday (April 14): The Passion of the Lord at Noon and Vespers at 7:30 p.m.
- Holy Saturday (April 15): Easter Vigil at 8:30 p.m.
- Easter Sunday (April 16): Mass at 11 a.m.
Masses at the Cathedral
- Wednesday, April 12, Chrism Mass at 11 a.m., Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral
- Wednesday, April 12, Tenebrae at 7:30 p.m., Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral: The choir sings from the triforium choir loft for this somber and reflective service of Holy Week. Traditional Latin motets, psalms, and the Lamentations of Jeremiah are sung.
There will be Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament following the Holy Thursday Mass until midnight in the Daily Chapel.
On Wednesday, April 5, The Light is On Sacrament of Penance at Most Blessed Sacrament Parish, 4 to 7 p.m. Take advantage of this opportunity of grace to return to the Lord and know His ever present love and forgiveness. Deanery Penance Services follows at 7 p.m.
On Good Friday (April 14) at 7:30 p.m., join the CCUP Contemporary Music Group for an evening of prayer, reflection, and music based on the Liturgy of the Hours for Good Friday. Music by Luke D. Rosen.
Here are some resources for Lent from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: