Lent 2020 schedule
Lent is a time to surrender ourselves to prayer and to the reading of Scripture, to fasting and to giving alms.
Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are obligatory days of fasting and abstinence for Catholics. In addition, Fridays during Lent are obligatory days of abstinence.
For members of the Latin Catholic Church, the norms on fasting are obligatory from age 18 until age 59. When fasting, a person is permitted to eat one full meal. Two smaller meals may also be taken, but not to equal a full meal. The norms concerning abstinence from meat are binding upon members of the Latin Catholic Church from age 14 onwards.
Here is the schedule for Masses for Ash Wednesday, Feb. 26th:
- Noon at Corpus Christi (Liturgy of the Word & Distribution of Ashes)
- Noon on UToledo’s Main Campus, Student Union, Room 2592 (Liturgy of the Word & Distribution of Ashes)
- Noon on UToledo’s Health Science Campus, Health Education Building, Room 105 (Liturgy of the Word & Distribution of Ashes)
- 7:30 p.m. at Corpus Christi (Mass)
- 10 p.m. at Corpus Christi (Liturgy of the Word & Distribution of Ashes)
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
We are offering Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on Fridays during the spring semester from 12:30 – 4 p.m. in the Crucifixion Chapel. Please join our parish community for this time of prayer and reflection. Please note: There will be no Adoration Friday, March 13th, because of Spring Break.
Lenten Care Bags
Help support local pantries and shelters by collecting non-perishable food items and toiletries in a paper bag and bring it to the Kirtland Classroom (the room to the right of the bathrooms) no later than Palm Sunday, April 5. Volunteers may also be needed to help deliver the bags on April 6.
Here are some resources for Lent from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops:
Watch this page for more information, as it will be updated with more information soon.