2021 Lent at CCUP
Prayer | Fasting | Almsgiving
From Pop Francis’ 2021 Lenten Message:
Prayer: “Through recollection and silent prayer, hope is given to us as inspiration and interior light, illuminating the challenges and choices we face in our mission. Hence the need to pray (cf. Mt 6:6) and, in secret, to encounter the Father of tender love.”
Fasting: “Fasting, experienced as a form of self-denial, helps those who undertake it in simplicity of heart to rediscover God’s gift and to recognize that, created in his image and likeness, we find our fulfilment in him.”
Almsgiving: “Love is a gift that gives meaning to our lives. It enables us to view those in need as members of our own family, as friends, brothers or sisters. A small amount, if given with love, never ends, but becomes a source of life and happiness.”
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Tuesdays 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. in the Church & Fridays 12:30 – 4:00 p.m. in the Daily Chapel
- Saturday 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Mon, Wed., Fri. 12:05 p.m.
- Tuesday 8:00 p.m.
Sacrament of Reconciliation
- 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. every Tuesday in the Daily Chapel
- Penance Service -TBD
For Permanent Community & Students:
- Saturdays during Lent: 3:30 – 4:15 p.m. & Sundays during Lent between Masses: 10:15 – 10:45 a.m. (except 2/21) in the Daily Mass Chapel
- You can always make an appointment with Fr. Jeremy, but here are some Confession times at other diocesan parishes:
- Most Blessed Sacrament – Sundays during Lent, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- St. Piux X – every Thursday at 5:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 3:00 p.m.
It’s a tradition at Corpus Christi to wear a Cross throughout Lent as a visible reminder of the season. Pick up yours in the Gathering Space!
Lenten Booklets – Word Among Us
Provided FREE for you during Lent, the Word Among Us books provide the Readings for the Mass as well as additional Lenten Reflection Material. The books can be found in the Gathering Space.
FORMED and Word on Fire Digital are free to you and have hours of Catholic content including videos, books, bible studies, and more! To explore FORMED, simply go to formed.org and sign up through our parish on their homepage and for Word on Fire Digital, login through your parish Flocknote account. If you need further assistance, contact Kim at email@example.com.
In-Person & Virtual events
Lenten Bible Study
Fr. Jeremy will be offering a Bible Study on the upcoming Sunday readings both in person at CCUP and virtually on Facebook Live during Lent. The study will take place on Wednesday evenings (except 3/3) from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m.
Stations of the Cross
- Evening communal prayer: Friday, March 12 and Friday, March 26 at 7:00 p.m. Join us in person or virtually to pray the Stations aloud together.
- Weekly: Meditate on the Stations of the Cross during Lent. Booklets are available at the first Station located
in the floor in Church. (Mon.-Wed. 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Fridays 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)
Lenten Care Bags
Help support local pantries and shelters by collecting non-perishable food items and toiletries in a paper bag and bring it to the Kirtland Classroom (the room to the right of the bathrooms) no later than Palm Sunday, March 28. Learn more.
Undergraduate student opportunities
Lenten Bible Studies
Bible studies are being held specifically for the Lenten season. If you are interested and would like to join, contact Branson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events with CSA
CSA has many events planned which fall during Lent! To stay up to date on these, join the CSA Facebook group or go to utoledocsa.org and check the Google calendar!
Grad students & recent CCUP alumni
Events with Newman Club and GAP
Grad students and recent alumni of UT are invited to join our recently formed GAP group for events during Lent. Join the Facebook group to see the flyer with event opportunities!
- Palm Sunday, March 27/28
- Sat. 4:30 p.m.
- Sun. 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 6:00 p.m.
- Holy Thursday, April 1
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:30 p.m.
- Good Friday, April 2
- Passion Liturgy 12 noon
- Good Friday Musical Prayer Service
- Holy Saturday, April 3
- Easter Vigil 8:30 p.m.
- Easter Sunday, April 4
- Mass 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.