Corpus Christi University Parish is the product of a long history of the Catholic presence at the University of Toledo dating back to 1932, when Bishop Karl Alter appointed Fr. Ignatius Kelly as chaplain to the Catholic students attending UT.
In 1970, Bishop John Donovan decided to establish a personal, non-territorial parish to serve the Catholic community at UT. He appointed Fr. Robert Kirtland as pastor and the parish voted to name itself Corpus Christi in 1976.
A building project, thwarted for years by land acquisition problems, became a reality in 1998 when the current Corpus Christi facility across from the south entrance to the UT Main Campus was completed.
Our library is a great resource for all parishioners and students! Come see the extensive collection of books regarding theology and spirituality along with an archive of all past talks from the CCUP Lecture Series.
Read more about our liturgical celebrations.